Health libraryBack to health library
Roasted root vegetable salad
Makes 4 servings.
1 small sweet potato, about 8 ounces, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 medium potato, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (peeled parsnip may be substituted)
1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch slices
1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
2 medium celery stalks, cut into 3/4-inch slices
1 medium beet, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In large bowl, toss sweet potato, potato, carrot, onion, celery and beet with 1/2 tablespoon oil, coating well.
- Arrange vegetables in a roasting pan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, stirring several times, until tender and beginning to brown, about 50 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, whisk vinegar, lemon juice and mustard with remaining oil and stir in parsley, cilantro and walnuts.
- Drizzle dressing over vegetables, and gently toss.
- Top with crumbled feta.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Serving size: 3/4 cup. Amount per serving: 156 calories, 9g total fat (2g saturated fat), 17g carbohydrate, 3g protein, 3g dietary fiber, 134mg sodium.