Health libraryBack to health library
Grilled lemon-basil halibut
Makes 4 servings.
5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
4 teaspoons capers, drained
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 pound halibut fillets
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, lemon peel and sun-dried tomatoes in blender or food processor.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons fresh basil and the capers.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of vinaigrette over fish, and marinate 15 to 30 minutes.
- When ready to grill fish, remove from marinade. Discard that marinade.
- Prepare the grill, and spray with oil to keep fish from sticking.
- Grill fish until just cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Divide fish among 4 plates.
- Stir remaining vinaigrette, and drizzle over fish.
Serving size: 1/4 recipe. Amount per serving: 211 calories, 11g total fat (2g saturated fat), 2g carbohydrates, 24g protein, less than 1g dietary fiber, 111mg sodium.