Community Supports (CS) are services or settings that Managed Care Plans (MCPs) may offer in place of services or settings covered under the California Medicaid State Plan and that are a medically appropriate, cost effective alternative to a State Plan Covered Service. CS services are optional for MCPs to offer and for members to utilize. MCPs may not require members to use a CS instead of a service or setting listed in the Medicaid State Plan.
Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) offers the following CS services to eligible members:
- Community Transition Services / Nursing Facility Transition to a Home
- Environmental Accessibility Adaptations (EAAs, also known as Home Modifications)
- Housing Deposits
- Housing Tenancy and Sustaining Services
- Housing Transition Navigation
- Medically Supportive Food
- Nursing Facility Transition to / Diversion from Assisted Living Facilities
- Personal Homemaker Services
- Recuperative Care
- Respite Care
- Short-Term Post-Hospitalization Housing
CS Referral and Authorization Forms
To refer a member for CS, please fill out the CS Referral Form and the appropriate authorization request form:
- CS Referral Form - English
- CS Referral Form - Spanish
- Housing Suite Authorization Request Form
- Medically Supportive Food Authorization Request Form
- Recuperative Care Authorization Request Form
- Respite Care / Personal Homemaker Services Authorization Request Form
Becoming a CS Provider
This CS Provider Certification Application is intended to ensure the CS provider provides satisfactory evidence of meeting the CS requirements as outlined by DHCS and GCHP to be certified as a CS provider.
Please complete the CS Provider Certification Application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CS Provider Application.” If you have any questions or concerns as you are completing the application, please contact email@example.com.