On Jan. 1, 2022, the state Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) carved out all prescription benefits from Managed Care Plans (MCP) under a program called Medi-Cal Rx. All pharmacy claims should be submitted directly to the state via its pharmacy benefit manager (PBM), Magellan Medicaid Administration, Inc.
- Medi-Cal Rx Website: Please bookmark this website and sign up for the Medi-Cal Rx Subscription Service (MCRxSS) to receive important information directly from DHCS.
- Medi-Cal Rx Prior Authorization Requests and Appeals: GCHP put together this information sheet about how to submit prior authorization requests and appeals.
Providers received a series of communications from DHCS and GCHP about Medi-Cal Rx:
Medi-Cal Rx news from DHCS
- August 16, 2021: Medi-Cal Rx: New Implementation Date
- April 14, 2021: Medi-Cal Rx Transition and Resources Training
- April 7, 2021: Provider Registration and FAQs
- February 17, 2021: Important Update on Medi-Cal Rx
- November 16, 2020: Medi-Cal Rx Lengthens Transition Time to Full Implementation
- August 28, 2020: Update to Medi-Cal Rx Support Services and Key Payer Sheet Details
- October 22, 2020: MCP Prescriber Registration and Training Outreach Message
- October 22, 2020: NCPDP Standard Payer Sheet
- October 26, 2020: Prescriber Communication
Medi-Cal Rx news from GCHP
- November 17, 2021: Medi-Cal Rx Communications
- April 7, 2021: Medi-Cal Rx Training
- March 18, 2021: Medi-Cal Rx Readiness Survey for Pharmacy Providers and Prescribers
- February 25, 2021: Medi-Cal Rx On Hold
- January 26, 2021: Medi-Cal Rx Informational Webinars
- November 20, 2020: Medi-Cal Rx: New Implementation Date
- October 23, 2020: Medi-Cal Rx - Prescriber Registration and Training
- August 20, 2020: Coming Soon: Medi-Cal Rx