Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) contracts with pharmacies in Ventura County and its surrounding counties to enable members to receive their medications in the most convenient location. This page contains important documents and links to information regarding the pharmacy benefit for GCHP members, including the formulary, prior authorization criteria and provider updates.
For any pharmacy wishing to become part of the GCHP Pharmacy Network, please visit the OptumRx provider relations website. If you are unable to access the website, please contact OptumRx:
The Gold Coast Health Plan Provider Portal enables prescribing providers to verify formulary coverage, prior authorization criteria and initiate a web-based prior authorization request for GCHP members. Or call OptumRx at 1.855.297.2870. If you use a TTY, call 711.
Pharmacy Newsletters and DUR Bulletins
- Summer Newsletter June 2020.
- DUR Bulletin, May 29, 2020: Reproductive Health in Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Diseases.
- DUR Bulletin, April 30, 2020: Update of Risks Associated with Use of Fluoroquinolones.
- DUR Bulletin, April 30, 2020: Withdrawal of All Ranitidine Products.
- DUR Bulletin, March 31, 2020: Mental Health Side Effects from Montelukast.
- Spring Newsletter March 2020.
- Winter Newsletter December 2019.
- DUR Bulletin, December 31, 2019: Risks Associated with Use of Gabapentin.
- DUR Bulletin, October 31, 2019: New Global Guidelines for the Treatment of Asthma.
- DUR Bulletin, September 27, 2019: Flu, HepA, HPV, Measles, CA School Requirements.
- Fall Newsletter September 2019.
- DUR Bulletin, August 30, 2019: Concomitant Anticholinergic and Antipsychotic Use.
- DUR Bulletin, June 28, 2019: Sleep Behavior Risks with Select Sleep Aids.
- Summer Newsletter June 2019.
- DUR Bulletin, April 30, 2019: Risks with Sudden Discontinuation of Opioids.
- DUR Bulletin, March 29, 2019: Updated Adverse Effects from Fluoroquinolones.
- Spring Newsletter March 2019.
- DUR Bulletin, February 28, 2019: Morphine Equivalent Daily Dose.
- DUR Bulletin, January 31, 2019:New Naloxone Regulations Effective on January 1, 2019.
- DUR Bulletin, September 28, 2018: Flu, Tdap, HepB, Zoster, MMR, Adult Vaccines.
- DUR Bulletin, September 28, 2018: Mandatory Use of CURES 2.0 Begins October 2, 2018.
- Summer Newsletter August 2018.
- DUR Bulletin, March 30, 2018: Pharmacist Furnishing Nicotine Replacement Products.
- DUR Bulletin, February 28, 2018: New Age Limit for Opioid Cough and Cold Medicines.