Let's get back to the basics of good health!
If you have postponed your doctor visits, saw your doctor only when you were not feeling well, or are a new Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) member, now is the time to see your doctor. Appointments may be scheduled in the office or through telehealth.
For members who have not visited their doctor or who are new to GCHP:
- It is important to establish care with a primary care provider (PCP).
- A PCP can provide preventive care, teach healthy lifestyle choices, identify and treat medical conditions, and make referrals to specialists, when needed.
Routine check-ups can help you stay healthy. Important routine / preventive care services include:
- Children’s well-care visits
- Wellness visits for adults
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Immunizations, including COVID-19 vaccines
- Recommended screenings (mammograms, Pap tests, cholesterol, and blood pressure checks)
Children and adults with chronic conditions should see their doctor at least once a year or more often if they are having symptoms. Chronic conditions that need monitoring can include:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
Maintaining good health means taking care of your mental health, too. The pandemic has been a stressful and challenging time. Members have access to mental and behavioral health services such as:
- Managing stress
- Managing depression
- Counseling and support services
You can also see your doctor about maintaining a healthy lifestyle to talk about:
- Diet and nutrition
Make your health a priority! Call your doctor today to schedule an appointment. GCHP has services to help you get to your visits and understand the information that is shared with you: