Good mental health is important at every stage of your life, from childhood through adulthood. That's why Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) covers certain mental health services. We offer these services to GCHP members through our managed care network, Beacon Health Options.
If you or someone near you is having a mental health crisis, call the Ventura County Health Line. Crisis help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1.866.998.2243.
Get a Covered Mental Health Assessment
Do you think you need treatment? The first step is to get a mental health assessment. GCHP will cover your initial mental health assessment. It will be at no cost to you.
Get your mental health assessment at any time from a licensed mental health provider in the Beacon Health Options network. You don't need a referral or prior authorization. View a list of covered mental health providers.
After your first mental health assessment, your Primary Care Provider (PCP) or mental health provider may refer you to a specialist for more screenings.
Depending on the results from your mental health assessment and screenings, you may be covered for GCHP's outpatient mental health services or receive additional specialty services.
Outpatient Mental Health Services
If your provider determines you need mental health services, GCHP can cover them for you.
GCHP covers these outpatient mental health services for people of all ages who are in are in mild or moderate distress or have impairment of mental, emotional or functioning:
- Individual and group mental health evaluation and treatment.
- Psychological testing to assess your mental health condition.
- Development of skills to improve attention, memory and problem-solving.
- Outpatient services to monitor medication therapy.
- Outpatient lab, medicines, supplies and supplements.
- Psychiatric consultation.
Beacon Health Options is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Specialty Mental Health Services (SMHS)
If your mental health screening suggests a higher level of impairment, you may receive Specialty Mental Health Services (SMHS). Your PCP or mental health provider will refer you to the Ventura County Mental Health Plan. The Ventura County Mental Health Plan provides SMHS to Medi-Cal clients who meet certain guidelines.
SMHS may include:
- Mental health and medication support services.
- Day treatment intensive services.
- Crisis intervention services.
- Crisis stabilization services.
- Targeted case management services.
- Therapeutic services.
- Intensive care coordination.
- Intensive home-based services.
- Therapeutic foster care.
- Adult residential treatment services.
- Crisis residential treatment services.
- Acute psychiatric inpatient hospital services.
- Psychiatric inpatient hospital professional services.
- Psychiatric health facility services.
Please call the county to get answers to your questions about SMHS.
Substance Use Disorder Services
For more information, call GCHP Member Services at 1.888.301.1228. If you use a TTY, call 1.888.310.7347. Or you can call Beacon Health Options at 1.855.765.9702. If you use a TTY, call 1.800.735.2929.