Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) covers long-term care services in licensed nursing facilities. Nursing facilities provide:
- Room and board.
- Skilled nursing care 24 hours a day.
If you can't perform daily activities on your own, these services will help you live as safely as possible.
How to Access Long-Term Care
GCHP will cover your long-term care services for you and covered family members. You only need to have prior authorization from your Primary Care Provider (PCP).
Long-term care services are available to help with your health and personal care needs. They can help for a short or extended time. You might need a short stay while recovering from surgery. Or you may have a chronic condition that can't be taken care of at home.
For whatever reason, your stay will be covered as long as you get a prior OK from your PCP.
Types of Long-Term Care Facilities
Your GCHP provides coverage for stays in:
- Long-term care facilities.
- Skilled nursing facilities.
- Intermediate care facilities.
- Intermediate care facilities for the developmentally disabled. This includes developmentally disabled habilitative care or developmentally disabled nursing.
- Sub-acute care facilities.
- Congregate health living facilities.
Call Us to Learn More
You're covered for long-term care as long as you're a member of GCHP and your doctor has approved this type of service for you. To learn more, call Member Services at 1.888.301.1228. If you use a TTY, call 1.888.310.7347.