If you're a Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) member, you have dental insurance benefits. These services are provided through the Medi-Cal Dental program. Find out how you can keep your teeth healthy for the years to come.
Your Dental Benefits
Here are some dental services that Medi-Cal provides:
- Diagnostic and preventive dental care (such as checkups, x-rays and teeth cleanings).
- Pain control.
- Tooth extractions.
- Root canals.
- Scaling and root planing.
- Full and partial dentures.
- Orthodontic care for kids who qualify.
How to Use Your Dental Benefits
Using your dental benefits is easy. To get started:
- Call Medi-Cal Dental at 1.800.322.6384 to confirm you're eligible for dental benefits. If you use a TTY, call 1.800.735.2922.
- Find an approved dental care provider near you. Or ask a Medi-Cal Dental associate to recommend one to you when you call to confirm eligibility.
- Call the dental provider's office to make an appointment. Be sure to ask if they're taking new Medi-Cal patients.
Why Dental Care Matters
Regular dental checkups can help keep your teeth healthy, which helps you and your children avoid cavities and gum disease. Even babies should see a dentist as soon as their first tooth comes in.
Here are some other tips to keep your teeth healthy:
- Brush them twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months.
- Floss your teeth after brushing them.
- Limit juices and sugary drinks and snacks.
- Ask the dentist for a sealant or fluoride varnish to protect against tooth decay.
Visit Smile, California to learn more about healthy habits.
Learn More About Your Dental Plan
Find out more about Medi-Cal dental benefits and view the Denti-Cal Member Handbook.