COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
The COVID-19 vaccines are very effective at preventing COVID-19. Studies show the vaccines are safe and cause few side effects. Even if you do get sick, your illness may be less severe if you've had your shots. It is important that those who can get a vaccine do so as soon as possible.
- Frequently Asked Questions for GCHP Members About COVID-19 Vaccines (English and Spanish)
- It's Time for Your COVID-19 Vaccine! (English and Spanish)
- The Best Vaccine is the First Vaccine that is Available (English and Spanish)
- Vaccines Are Safe, Free, and Easy (English and Spanish)
- Vaccination Myths and Facts (English and Spanish)
Other COVID-19 Resources
- What to Know About COVID-19 (English and Spanish)
- COVID-19 Resources for Members (English and Spanish)
- Emergency Broadband Benefit (English and Spanish)
- Frequently Asked Questions for GCHP Members About COVID-19 (English and Spanish)
- Telehealth: GCHP created this tip sheet to help you when you talk with your health care provider by phone or video. (English and Spanish)
Mental Health Resources
If you or someone you know is having a mental health crisis, call the Ventura County Crisis Response Team at 1.866.998.2243. The team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Beacon Health Options: GCHP’s mental health services provider is available to help you if you think you need treatment. You can schedule a mental health assessment by calling 1.855.765.9702. If you use a TTY, call 1.800.735.2929.
- California HOPE(CalHOPE): CalHOPE delivers crisis support through free outreach, crisis counseling and support services. If you are feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic, call the CalHOPE Warm Line at 1.833.317.4673.
- 211 Information Hotline (English and Spanish)
- Additional CalFresh Benefits (English and Spanish)
- COVID-19 Funeral Assistance (English and Spanish)
- COVID-19 Rent Relief (English and Spanish)
- COVID-19 Tenant Relief Act Website (English and Spanish)
- Employment Development Department (EDD) COVID-19 FAQs (English and Spanish)
- Employment Recovery Program for workers affected by COVID-19 (English and Spanish)
- How to Make Face Coverings (English and Spanish)
- Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (English and Spanish)
- Pandemic EBT Federal Food Program (English and Spanish)
- Ventura County COVID-19 Information (English and Spanish)
- Ventura County Family Justice Center: 1.805.652.7655
A.A. / N.A.
For someone who struggles with an addiction, staying sober can be hard even in the best of times. With the added stress and loneliness caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is even harder. Support groups can help with staying sober in times of stress. Please know that virtual groups are still meeting.
Support groups are available in English and Spanish for those dealing with an addiction:
- Ventura County A.A.
Ventura County Online Remote Meetings
Information on local and nationwide meetings
- Ventura County Al-Anon Family Groups
Adults and Teens (English and Spanish)
Al-Anon Family Groups (other languages are available)
- Gold Coast Area of Narcotics Anonymous (Ventura County)
- Ventura County Behavioral Health
Substance Use Disorder Program
Dental Appointments During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As a Medi‑Cal member, your benefits and your child’s benefits include dental coverage at little or no cost to you. During the COVID-19 pandemic, only emergency dental care is allowed.
What is a dental emergency?
- Bleeding that doesn’t stop.
- Pain or swelling in or around your mouth.
- Broken or knocked out tooth.
What should you do?
- Call your dentist’s office first.
- Provide as much detail as possible about your condition.
- Follow your dentist’s instructions.
- What You Should Know About Returning to the Dentist During COVID-19 (English and Spanish)
- Medi-Cal Dental: Smile California
Free, Low-Cost Resources and/or referral services for emergencies:
- Clinicas del Camino Real, Inc.
- Free Clinic of Simi Valley
- Westminster Free Clinic
- Conejo Free Clinic (Referrals only)
- Santa Barbara / Ventura County Dental Society