Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) is monitoring the developments of COVID-19. Your health, wellness and safety are important to us. During this pandemic, we will keep you informed with the latest recommendations and help you navigate the health care system.
Mental Health Resources
If you or someone you know is having a mental health crisis, call the Ventura County Crisis Response Team at 1.866.998.2243. The team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Beacon Health Options: GCHP’s mental health services provider is available to help you if you think you need treatment. You can schedule a mental health assessment by calling 1.855.765.9702. If you use a TTY, call 1.800.735.2929.
- California HOPE(CalHOPE): CalHOPE delivers crisis support through free outreach, crisis counseling and support services. If you are feeling stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic, call the CalHOPE Warm Line at 1.833.317.4673.
- 211 Information Hotline (English and Spanish)
- Additional CalFresh Benefits (English and Spanish)
- Employment Development Department (EDD) COVID-19 FAQs (English and Spanish)
- Farmworker Household Assistance Program
- Great Plates Program Emergency Food Assistance (English and Spanish)
- How to Make Face Coverings (English and Spanish)
- Information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (English and Spanish)
- Supportive Services Assistance for workers affected by COVID-19 (English and Spanish)
- Ventura County COVID-19 Information (English and Spanish)
- Ventura County Family Justice Center: 1.805.652.7655
A.A. / N.A.
For someone who struggles with an addiction, staying sober can be hard even in the best of times. With the added stress and loneliness caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is even harder. Support groups can help with staying sober in times of stress. Please know that virtual groups are still meeting.
Support groups are available in English and Spanish for those dealing with an addiction:
- Ventura County A.A.
Ventura County Online Remote Meetings
Information on local and nationwide meetings
- Ventura County Al-Anon Family Groups
Adults and Teens (English and Spanish)
Al-Anon Family Groups (other languages are available)
- Gold Coast Area of Narcotics Anonymous (Ventura County)
- Ventura County Behavioral Health
Substance Use Disorder Program
Dental Appointments During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As a Medi‑Cal member, your benefits and your child’s benefits include dental coverage at little or no cost to you. During the COVID-19 pandemic, only emergency dental care is allowed.
What is a dental emergency?
- Bleeding that doesn’t stop.
- Pain or swelling in or around your mouth.
- Broken or knocked out tooth.
What should you do?
- Call your dentist’s office first.
- Provide as much detail as possible about your condition.
- Follow your dentist’s instructions.
- Medi-Cal Dental: Smile California
Free, Low-Cost Resources and/or referral services for emergencies:
- Clinicas del Camino Real, Inc.
- Free Clinic of Simi Valley
- Westminster Free Clinic
- Conejo Free Clinic (Referrals only)
- Santa Barbara / Ventura County Dental Society