Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) is Ventura County's leader in providing high-quality health care to our county's most vulnerable residents. The Government Affairs Department contributes to the development, advancement, and implementation of public policy through work with local, state, and federal partners, legislators, and local officials.
Department Programs and Initiatives
Community Engagement and Advocacy
- Lead regional forums and projects to ensure community understanding of new projects and initiatives.
- Cultivate opportunities and advance policy understanding and change.
- Advocate for legislation that increases access to and affordability of health care.
Legislation and Public Policy
- Collaborate on health care issues within Ventura County, California, and the nation.
- Identify issues, work with stakeholders, and develop strategies that advance programs.
- Promote policies that expand access to and affordability of health care.
- Analyze legislation, including potential costs, benefits, and impacts to GCHP and membership.
- Coordinate legislative activities within GCHP and other agencies.
- Analyze proposed regulations that impact GCHP, its providers, and/or members.
- Develop a strategy to advance Medi-Cal and health care reform.
- Help coordinate and implement legislation.
In 2021, GCHP will host policy forums to discuss the implications and impacts of health policy changes happening on the state and federal levels. The forums will offer a venue for professionals to discuss pressing issues related to GCHP members and providers.
For more information, email Marlen Torres, Executive Director of Strategy and External Affairs, or David Tovar, Senior Policy Analyst, at GovernmentAffairs@goldchp.org.