Discrimination is against the law. Gold Coast Health Plan (GCHP) follows Federal civil rights laws. GCHP does not discriminate, exclude people, or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Free aids and services to people with disabilities to help them communicate better, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact GCHP between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. by calling 1-888-301-1228. Or, if you cannot hear or speak well and use a TTY, call 1-888-310-7347.
How to File a Grievance
If you believe that the Plan has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with GCHP. You can file a grievance by phone, in writing, in person, or electronically:
- By phone: Contact GCHP between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. by calling 1-888-301-1228. Or, if you cannot hear or speak well and use a TTY, call 1-888-310-7347.
- In writing: Fill out a complaint form or write a letter and send it to:
Gold Coast Health Plan
Attn: Grievance and Appeals
P. O. Box 9176
Oxnard, CA 93031
- In person: Visit your doctor’s office or GCHP and say you want to file a grievance.
- Electronically: Visit GCHP’s website at http://www.goldcoasthealthplan.org.
Office of Civil Rights
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights by phone, in writing, or electronically:
- By phone: Call 1-800-368-1019. If you cannot speak or hear well, please call TTY/TDD 1-800-537-7697.
- In writing: Fill out a complaint form or send a letter to:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
- Electronically: Visit the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf.
ATTENTION: If you speak another language, language assistance services, free of charge, are available to you. Call 1-888-301-1228 (TTY: 1-888-310-7347).
ATENCIÓN: Si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-888-301-1228 (TTY: 1-888-310-7347).